Are you Copyright Compliant?
Copyright is complex and with increasing regulations and audits to comply with, it can be both difficult and time consuming to keep abreast of your responsibilities. In order to deliver quality education, RTOs need to quickly access and use information from a wide variety of sources including textbooks, websites, newspapers and journals. However, more often than not, there is uncertainty around what can and can't be used and this uncertainty can leave you exposed. For example:
- Do you know if your RTO has the correct measures in place to avoid copyright infringement?
- Do you know how much material you can legally copy and communicate to your students?
- Do you know the rules around copying images?
This webinar will answer all your questions about copyright and the education licence.
It will benefit any RTOs who don't currently have the licence, as well as current licence holders who would like a refresher of everything they are allowed to do with it.
- Learning Objectives
- Application Objectives
- Impact Objectives
- Understand how the education licence is relevant to your copying practices
- Find out the differences between digital v hardcopy communication
- Understand how much of a published work you can use under the licence
- Understand the '10%' rule and how it applies to your RTO
- Using the education licence to get the most value for your RTO
- Enhance your own resources by embedding any third party materials into your current resources
- Use images in all your power-point presentations or on your LMS systems
- Improve your current compliance programme
- Support and encourage the production of educational material
- Ensure all your staff understand their legal obligations surrounding copyright
- Minimise your time in getting individual permission for works used
- Eliminate potential non-compliances
|Event date||01 Mar 2017 12:30 pm|
|Event End Date||01 Mar 2017 2:00 pm|