Getting the RPL Process Right - WEBINAR
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an essential part of our VET system, yet one that causes students a great deal of stress, and seems to take trainers, assessors and managers out of their comfort zone.
As RPL is an assessment process, it must be conducted following the principles of assessment, and the evidence collected must meet the rules of evidence.
This webinar has been designed to provide an overall view of the RPL process from start to finish and includes samples of best practices and valuable RPL templates.
- Learning Objectives
- Application Objectives
- Impact Objectives
- Who should attend
- Understand the principles that underpin the RPL process
- Understand compliance requirements for RPL
- Identify different steps required during an RPL process
- Develop the skills to support students throughout the RPL process.
- Review RTO’s RPL processes and tools, within 30 days
- Use principles of assessment to support students throughout the RPL process in 100% of cases
- Provide feedback to RTO’s management for continuous improvement of the RPL system, within two weeks
- Provide a presentation about RPL to other trainers, within one week.
- Minimise time required to process an RPL application
- Improve success rate of RPL applications
- Eliminate non-compliances related to RPL.
Participants should already be working as trainers/assessors and have some experience performing competency-based assessments. This webinar is for individuals who want to improve their skills to design and develop RPL tools and strategies within an RTO environment. We recommend this workshop to:
- RTO Managers / Compliance Managers / VET Consultants
- Training Managers / Head Trainers / Trainers and Assessors
|Event date||11 Jul 2017 12:30 pm|
|Event End Date||11 Jul 2017 2:00 pm|