RTO Standards as a Business Model
Understanding the Rules of the Game. All you need to know and do to be compliant with the Standards for RTOs 2015
Individuals who are responsible for making strategic or operational decisions in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) (Board Members, RTO Owners, Managers, Team Leaders, Trainers, and Consultants) need to understand the regulatory framework for RTOs that establishes strategic and operational requirements. In fact, anyone working in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector must understand the "rules of the game".
During this full day workshop, we will review RTO's strategic and operational requirements to be compliant with the Standards for RTOs 2015, including changes that RTOs will need to make to update from previous Standards.
In this hands-on workshop, you will work with specific guidelines, policies, procedures, and resources that need to be implemented. You will receive a comprehensive matrix with clear mapping between the new and previous Standards.
Standards 2015 raised the level of requirements for the following processes:
- Industry engagement
- Assessment practices
- Trainers’ and assessors’ requirements
- Marketing activities
- Partnership agreements
- Governance, and
- Continuous improvement
Complying with the Standards is mandatory for all RTOs.
- Learning Objectives
- Application Objectives
- Impact Objectives
- Who should attend?
- Understand the "Rules of the Game"
- Understand differences between current and previous version of the Standards
- Identify the effect of the regulatory framework in the RTO's operations
- Understand strategic and operational requirements to be compliant with the Standards.
- Use a mapping document to identify differences between current and previous Standards
- Establish an action plan to monitor compliance with new Standards
- Adopt policies and procedures to manage compliance with the Standards for RTOs 2015.
- Promote actions to improve RTO’s industry engagement, assessment practices, managing trainers and assessors, and the approach to continuous improvement
- Audit compliance against the Standards.
- Manage the RTO's operation effectively
- Support and lead other staff members to understand and implement the "Rules of the Game"
- Ensure compliance at all times within the RTO's operations
- Manage risk associated with maintaining the RTO's registration
This course is for individuals who want to understand the changes to the current RTO Standards and how those changes will affect RTO’s operations. We recommend this workshop to:
- CEO/RTO Owner
- RTO Compliance Managers
- VET Consultants
Facilitator: Javier Amaro (CEO of Insources Education Pty Ltd)
Javier is the director and founder of Insources, a privately owned Australian training and consulting organisation. He has more than 17 years experience in the vocational and technical education world and has contributed to the Australian VET sector by designing and delivering more than 500 training programs to training managers, supervisors, facilitators, trainers and assessors.