Getting RPL Right
Create a compliant RPL process that works
Does your Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process work for you? Is your RPL compliant? This one-day workshop is designed to help you build/develop a strong RPL process and review your current practice.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process, and therefore must be conducted following the principles of assessments, and the evidence collected must meet the rules of evidence.
During the workshop you will be presented with some examples of best practices, and you will be provided with the opportunity to critically evaluate your own assessment RPL and processes. You will walk away with a clear guide to RPL, and understanding how best to streamline effective and compliance RPL assessments.
Bring along your RPL assessment tools and examine them at the workshop.
- Learning Objectives
- Application Objectives
- Impact Objectives
- Who should attend?
- Understand the principles that underpin the RPL process
- Understand the compliance requirements for RPL
- Understand the RPL process
- Support students throughout the RPL process
- Prepare an RPL tool that produces quality evidence (Validity, authenticity, sufficiency and currency)
- Make and document the RPL decisions
- Avoid common issues identified at audit
- Develop and maintain an ongoing five-year validation plan for your RTO
- Coordinate and lead validation events
- Record and use validation outcomes to improve the assessment system
- Use a consistent validation process across the RTO’s scope of registration, and
- Coach teams of assessors.
- Improve effectiveness of assessment systems
- Redesign current validation strategy, and
- Maintain compliance with Standard 1 (Clause 1.9 - 1.11) at all times.
Participants should already be experienced in competency-base assessments. This course is for individuals who want to improve their skills in validation processes within an RTO environment.
We recommend this workshop to:
- VET Consultants
- RTO Managers / Quality and Compliance Managers
- Training Managers / Head Trainers / Trainers and Assessors
|Event date||17 Aug 2017 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||17 Aug 2017 4:00 pm|
|Location||RYDGES on Swanston Hotel - Melbourne|